PLEASE help me! :( (pictures)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xraytetralover

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
1~What type of fish is afflicted? 1 out of my 6 xray tetra. I believe it is a female. The females always have had a mas of peach colored tiny round things that take up half of the inside of their body. I think they are eggs? I noticed today that the "eggs" on this one look strange. There are tiny black dots and they look different. I don't know how to describe it. A little more spread out maybe. But looking from above the fish isn't any fatter than she has ever been. She is still active as normal.

2~What are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, pH)? Am: 0 NI:0 NA:10 (I hadn't done a water change for a while before tonight.. oops :/. using test strips nitrAtes were between 40-80. After the water change it's now around 10) Temp: 81.1 F

3~ How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up? ~16 gallon bowfront. has been set up since May 08.

4~What type of filtration are you using? an internal Whisper filter that uses the large cartridges. Not sure exactly details about it since it came with the tank and I've had a for a few months.

5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes? 6 xray tetra. largest at around 1.5". smallest around 1". 4 Peppered cories around 2" each.

6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time?
tonight. vacuumed around 1/3 of the gravel. normally i change the water every week. But this was the first time in about 3 weeks. ( :(horrible I know!) I change about 3.5 gallons each time.

7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them? I finished adding to my tetra school in the end of July/beginning of August.

8~Have you added anything new to the tank? nope

9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently? no changes. I feed them hikari microwafers. They won't eat anything else.

Here are some picture to help describe the "strange eggs":

img_917419_0_a904eaddf1ae12ec1cfc38c29043123a.jpg

The fish i'm worried about is on the left. The fish to the right is what they normally look like.

img_917419_1_9651fdf72e4a5f63549477969b28260e.jpg

This picture shows a little more picture of the fish by itself.

Any help is appriciated!!

so you know, I made a mistake on the labeling of the first picture. it said the "right" was the sick one and the "left" was normal. That's backwards. I'm worried about the one on the left. I've already changed it. Sorry for the mix up!

I dont really see anything wrong. Has the fish changed or is this the way she has always looked? Maybe the eggs are getting ready to be released for a spawn?

she does look different than normal. The eggs are a little larger and more noticeable. there are little black dots in them too. I hope it's something as simple as the eggs getting ready to be released. I haven't lost any of my tetra yet and don't want to start now. :(

Back
Top Bottom