please help my betta is sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

betta

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hey, im having problems with my betta, he is not eating and has white spots on them (ick?) and i had put in Ick Away yesterday and hes going a little crazy now but hes still alive but not eating..please tell me what i should do and whats safe for a betta..i read raising the temp is good and salt but is that safe for a betta? thanks so much in advance :D

You need to keep changing water, with gravel vacuum, keep up the meds going. raising the temp upto about 30C+.

Good luck

Definitely don't go higher than 30c or 86F. The top temp range a betta can stand is 90F, but not for long. Bettas can stress or die faster at higher temps than cooler ones.

Hope he gets better soon!

My Betta started burying himself in the gravel and didn't move all day because I was new and screwed up changing the water. I gave him this medicine by Jungle called Parasite Clear. It worked great sort of looks like Alkaseltzer when you put it in. The tablets are designed for 10 gallons so you just pinch a piece of it off. Just drop it in and change about 50 % of your water for a few days. Make sure to leave water sitting out for the next day so it can get room tempature. Best of luck it's hard on the heart when your baby is sick

Scott

Back
Top Bottom