Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlexH

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay so this is probably me worrying. My Chubby Pleco eats like a horse and often moving. I never had a baby one before, I had a Common Pleco and had to give it up as I had small tank and it got huge. I just can see its organs and thought they were too red. Not had much experience with baby Plecos.

Attachments

• IMG_1178.jpg
    IMG_1178.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 67
All my readings are good, all the other fish are great even the rainbow shark

It's a chubby Pleco. Algae wafers and blood worms. Flake food. It dashing about and bashes the fish out the way. I am quite attached to him.

Lol sounds like my albino bristlenose pleco :) if he that active and eating he should be fine unless you see some sort of external sign like stringy white/clear feces, discoloration or a fungus growing on him. I would make sure to check your algae wafer to make sure they are actual algae wafers something that doesn't have fish meal or other meaty ingredients in the first 3-4 ingredients. I like to use the omega one brand. Make sure you have driftwood in your tank and don't over do it with the bloodworms. Younger plecos at least in my experience are always more rambunctious and they tend to calm down as they get older. But he looks fine to me based off of your picture. I would love to see how he turns out as he grows.

Hikari algae wafers. I always used them. Lots of driftwood. I don't once a week of blood worms. He is growing and the last time I saw his poo it was green ha.

Attachments

• Image1484247983.951982.jpg
    Image1484247983.951982.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 37
I should blood worms about once a week no more than twice

Cool thanks. I think it's just me worrying ha. I will put some pictures on here when he gets bigger [emoji16]

Back
Top Bottom