Plecostomus are not moving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tgm

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Any help with this would be much appreciated.

I have 2 plecostomus about 4 inches long in a 30 gallon freshwater tank. Niether have moved much for 2 or so days. One just hides by the filter (I assume it hasnt moved in over 24 hours). This is out of character for them. I have tried changing filter and vacuming rocks and changing water (did this yesterday and today) and they havent moved. Theyre great fish and I wonder if theyre just trying to hide, but I dont know.

Thanks, this looks like a great forum:)

Pleco's hide. Try putting in blanched zucchini and broccoli. Entice them to eat. They really don't move much. Mine come out at night

I tried the blanched broccoli, and that got one moving. I will wait and see if they eat it. (I have never tried feeding them anything but flakes) Neat :)

How long have you had them and is it a new tank? Do you have wood for them or give them algae wafers? Have you tested the water?

They will eat anything. You really need driftwood. Give them vege wafers, algae wafers, peas, broccoli , zucchini, carrots, catfish pellets, spinach
I can go on and on

Back
Top Bottom