Poor Dwarf Gourami!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big C

Aquarium Advice Freak
The poor thing is dying so slowly! He's been laying on the bottom of the tank or on a plant leaf for the last 3 days. I thought he was dead twice! And when I touch it he moves away from the net.

He is quite pale, doesn't eat and doens't move. And to make things worse, I cannot take him out of the tank because my QT tank has a new GBR in quarantine since last Thursday. I don't have another filter to set up another QT tank in a bucket.

What can I do? :cry: :cry: :cry: :sorry:

Do you have a spare air pump line? Put the air line into the bottom of a cup, fill the cup with gravel from your main aquarium (preferably) or another source (if your main tank has sand or eco-complete). Turn on air pump. Instant biological filter for your bucket QT.

You may want to extend the QT of the GBR, if there's something running in your main tank, he will be stressed enough as a newcomer for his immune system to be low and catch it. Let the main tank run the course of this thing before introducing the GBR.

Back
Top Bottom