Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-17-2017, 03:13 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Poorly neon?

Not sure if he's poorly or not, he's missing a pectoral fin! I've only just noticed so he could have been missing it for a while, neons are so small and the fins are almost clear! Could he have been fighting with another tetra, they have all been playing tag a lot in the past few days? Other than that he's eating and doing what the rest do! I've had my fish almost 3 weeks and the ammonia, nitrites and nitrates have all tested 0ppm up to now
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0392.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	302766   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0393.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	302767  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0394.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	302768   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0395.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	302769  

Old 08-17-2017, 07:48 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

If your neon is eating, swimming and acting normal, probably nothing to worry about. If the missing fin is a birth defect it likely won't heal, but if the cause was a fin nip, with clean water and good nutrition, it might grow back. Not a week goes by that I don't notice a chunk bitten off at least one of my fishes tails, the injuries normally heal up in a few weeks. Good luck.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:29 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by V227 View Post
If your neon is eating, swimming and acting normal, probably nothing to worry about. If the missing fin is a birth defect it likely won't heal, but if the cause was a fin nip, with clean water and good nutrition, it might grow back. Not a week goes by that I don't notice a chunk bitten off at least one of my fishes tails, the injuries normally heal up in a few weeks. Good luck.

Thanks, I've been watching him most the day, it seems he is the bully and claims the front of the tank when I'm near!

Tags
neon

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com