Possible ich - question about fish and water parameters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fencer164

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys! I just move my 7 tiger barbs and 3 glo tetras to a new planted 75g tank. They had been in a 20g for over a year and a half. In the 75 there is like 0.05 ammonia (just the smallest reading on my API master kit) and 0 nitrite and nitrate. The new tank had fully cycled as well for a month.

I think just with the move from their 20 gal across town to our new house stressed one of my tiger barbs out and there is one lone dot by its mouth. I dosed the water with aquarium salt and just did a 25 gallon water change. Now I know you are supposed to heat up the water when you have ich but my question is will that hurt the fish for a week if I keep it at 86? Right now it is 7 tiger barbs, 3 glo tetras, a pleco, two cory cats, and a clown loach (after I fight this the cory cats and clown loaches are getting friends, don't worry)

Thanks!

Short answer is no it should not hurt them.

Raise temp up no more than 2 degrees per day.

Biggest issue is about increasing temp is to increase the aeration / O2 in the tank - alot, because the higher the heat the less easily the fish can use the O2 in the water, so they need more of it.

Here is a good resource
Freshwater Ich? Yuck! - Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom