Possible Ick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brutz5

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone! I'm new to this site and have never done forums before so please be patient with me if I'm doing this wrong. I have a question about Ick. My flame gourami has just a couple of White dots on his gills and I've researched and feel it might be ick starting. I have a community tank with a betta, an angel, neon Tetras, glofish tetras, Danios, Panda Corydoras, mollies and my gourami that is in question. My question is if all of these fish can handle the aquarium salt used for treatment and if they can also handle the raised temp of 86 degrees used for treatment. Or if anyone has any other suggestions, I sure would appreciate the input. I'll try to attach a picture of him to see if you think it's even ick.

I use Kordon rid ich plus [not the herbal crap ] and don't need to turn heat up...
Works like it supposed to ..Faster then heat and salt..

Thx! That's sounds great! Where do you get that at? Walmart .. Petco??

Yes all will handle salt. Just keep an eye on your catfish though. And vacuum the bottom of the tank when you see spots are gone. Try to every other day or more. Then do a water change and re-dose, usually every 3 days till you feel it's gone. About a wk if you catch it soon.

If you go the meds route then get what Coral advised. If you do the heat and salt then 86 degrees is plenty. Do around a 30% water change twice a day. Do a light gravel vac each water change. As for salt, do 1 teaspoon per 2 gallons of water. I've done as much as a teaspoon per gallon of water but that can be seen as excessive.

Back
Top Bottom