Ram with red blood like bump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Impulse09

Aquarium Advice Freak
It started out what looked like a white soar but it has been getting worse. I thought he got the sore because my other ram was attacking him. I put melafix in the water for three days. He doesn't look to good he is staying in one spot breathing heavy.

ForumRunner_20120327_232620.jpg

Hi! Im sorry no one has come to your aid. I am honestly not positive what this is but it looks nasty. If it had just appeared overnight, I would guess an injury but you mentioned that it has progressed from a white spot so I am not positive what it is. Have you googled HITH? This would be a possible suspicion. I would start by adding aq salt (1tbsp per 5g) and consider treating with metronizadole. You will need to remove the melafix from the water first. Seachem makes a metro treatment (try American Aquarium Products or DrsFoster & Smith) or try National Fish Pharmceuticals for their metro. This is my best guess here because I am not positive what is going on. Good luck!

He died yesterday very strange. I only had him a week and a half. I do not have luck with gbr's. My Bolivian beat the crappy out if him, so that might if been the cause. Now my Bolivian looks happy again. Weird.

I am sorry to hear this!! :( If you only had him a little over a week, i have to suspect he was already infected with something quite serious before you even bought him & the stress of moving to a new home allowed it to manifest. Hopefully, it was nothing contagious. Keep a close eye on your other fish for anything unusual!

Back
Top Bottom