ramierez sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danny.

Aquarium Advice Regular
I really dont know whats wrong with my rameriez fish. Yesterday i noticed that one out the 4 has reduced activity, hes either hiding in plants, at the bottom in the corner not moving or just staying in the same place.
My Ammonia is 0, nitrite 0 and nitrite about 20ppm. The fish looks think and not healthy, it isnt eating when food comes near it, just ignores it. Do you think this is the end for this poor fish :( i hope not i do really like these rams their so colourful.
Any ideas thanks :)

What size tank and how many rams? It sounds like it may be getting beat on.

4 rams in a 240l heavily planted tank. I think u maybe right however because when i first got them 2 made a territory over a rock and chased the other 2 off when they came near but now they dont chase each other around. Sometimes they do though. What would you suggest?
Thanks

You can try to move around the plants and decor. Confuse them so that they all claim new territories. Sometimes it just comes down to fish being individuals too though.

Ok thanks for that. Ill move a couple of plants about and see what happens. I fear it may be too late though this is the second day of him being like this :(

Well the ram died last night unfortunatly :( found it this morning in the plecos cave. Why do all my fish sink when they die its a real pain in the a** trekking through my aquarium looking for them in the mass of plants and rocks

Back
Top Bottom