Regarding New Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WedgeWood

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys, I just got first betta recently and everything has been going well. A day or two ago I noticed he has started runbing up against the cholla wood logs and glass that I have in one part of his aquarium. He will only do this in one corner with this certain log. I know that betta act whacky sometimes to get their owners attention. However I noticed he has rubbed and twitched a couple of times when I had pretendes to leave the room. I have a 3.7 gallon aquarium with treated water. The nitrogen cycle completed a couple of days before buying the fish. As the aquarium stands now, using the API master test kit, there is 0 amonia, 0 nitrites, and around 5-10 nitrates. He does have an orangey line across his head so maybe vevelt, or its just his color. Thank you for taking the time to read this and any answers are greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20190720_121843.jpg
    20190720_121843.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 46
Might be a parasite, have you noticed anything hanging off your fishes scales, fins or gills?

Checking him over, there doesn't seem to be anything hanging off of him. The only noticeable problem is that he has minor fin rot from when I got him a few days ago. The most affected part is around the base of the ventral fins. I have bought medicine to deal with that.

Might be internal parasites. Ich and other parasites are the only cause of scratching can think of.
I'd wait for other replies to make sure. In the meantime you could raise the temp to kill any parasite eggs. Might work for now?

Would it be bad to treat the water for parasites? If I were to give him medicine even if he might not have any. If it is bad I can wait and see if his rubbing changes at all in the next couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom