serpae problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

exitenglish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
in my 10 gal hex tank i have 2 serpaes, 1 pleco, and 1 neon blue dwarf gourami. my serps hide and run away and refuse to eat. i am afraid they may have a disease or are possibly dying. can any1 tell me if something major is going on

I don't personally know serpaes but they may just like to hide and come out to eat whenever they feel safe.. which might be whenever you aren't looking or at night.

How long have you had them? What are the tank water parameters (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate)? Do they come out if you are not near the tank (and run away when you come close)? Are they getting thin, any unusual markings or anything like that?

Lets see if we can figure out whats going on once the above questions are answered.

(they're tetras btw katie :) )

I have 3 serpea tetra and they arent hiders or at least mine arent. I have one that is kind of sickly looking. 2 Of them have kind of see threw bodies and the to other one looks more white on the inside with the light red covering. He has been like that for a while but acts pretty normal but I am sure that I will find him dead someday. But mine are quite active and are hardy eaters. Like Alli I would check the water and see what is happenin' there. What kind of food are they eating? You might try some bloodworms...mine love them.

Just to clarify, what exactly are the levels of each nitrogenous waste product? All 100% isn't specific enough. Also, what about the other questions?

Back
Top Bottom