Sick Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

inno

Aquarium Advice Regular
I woke up this morning and my betta appeared to have an injured fin. He was using the other one "the one on there side they swim with" just fine, while the other was not moving and looked torn. Now I just found him upside down on the bottom of my tank. He has a huge discolored spot on the side with the injured fin that has spread all the way into his long bottom fin. It looks like how a drop of coffee would look on paper.

What are your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate readings? What size tank? Any roommates? Does the discoloration look like an injury or something else? A picture would help

I don't have a test kit for my levels I just take it to my lps when I go there. Its a 29 gallon with some about nine other fish.

At first it looked like a wound but it is spreading rapidly. Its just discoloring him from blue to a reddish brown color.

My camera is broken.

What other fish? Could he have possibly been bullied?

Small fish, guppies, platies, danios. It looks like a disease to me. It spread really quick since this morning. Ill borrow a camera from a friend and upload a picture later on. He died a few minutes ago sadly. I still want to know what disease it is tho so I can save my other fish if its contagious.

Small fish, guppies, platies, danios. It looks like a disease to me. It spread really quick since this morning. Ill borrow a camera from a friend and upload a picture later on. He died a few minutes ago sadly. I still want to know what disease it is tho so I can save my other fish if its contagious.

Sorry to hear that :(

Back
Top Bottom