Sick Cory Cat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CheeseHead88

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey Guys my Panda cory is sick, and I do not know what is wrong with him, I am told it is a bacteria infection, he is very pale with a white spot on his forehead. I have a pic, a bad one, but he stays in my plants all day and does not move much, I treated with melafix for about three days, and now I am on pimafex, going on third day help!!

mail

First we need more info. What size tank, tankmates? What are your water parameters? What are the symptoms? Has anything new been added?

Sorry, 20 gallon high, about 81 degrees F, no test kit unfortunately, but had a water change last Friday, only tank mates are 6 platies, and two other cories. Nothing new has been added, but he died this morning unfortunately, and his body was really pale, my pic did not show up right. Darn it!

!! Buy a test kit. API Freshwater Master test kit is very good and reliable (don't waste time on those strips). You should be testing your water often (at least everytime you do a pwc which should be about once a week). You need to know your ammonia, nitrIte, nitrAte, and pH at least.

Thanks Guys! I know this sounds weird, but I do not know how to pm, and as for the master test kit, does it matter what time I test my water?

As in what time of the day? No. You can test your water anytime. And I suggest you test right away.

Sorry about your fish. :(

as for the master test kit, does it matter what time I test my water?

Not really but there are a few things to consider. If you going to change your water then you can do it before to see what the levels are or if you do a pwc its good to wait an hour or so after to get true readings. Also in a planted tank the nitrate levels can decrease during the day so if you want to know how low they get test about 1-2hrs before lights go off. If you want to see how high they get testing before the lights come on will be the highest. If you only have low light plants or not many then it wont change much.

And as for pm'ing, you click on the nickname of the person and a drop down menu pops up and it will say send a private message to........

Back
Top Bottom