Sick Corydoras Trilineatus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PsiPro

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I bought 8 Corydoras Trilineatus from somone on AquaBid.

The fish are wild caught.
They have been in QT at the distrobuter for 60days (they say), and 5 days here. Now they are in my community tank ( I think my sig is out of date FYI).

This one cory has been acting very odd. He keeps swimming upside down and looks out of control when upside down. Many times swimming into walls or getting stuck in plants. He also frequently ends up doing barell rolls in the water or against the wall.

Water params were fine on friday, but I dont have my test kit with me. I have been away for the weekend so I find it unlikly the conditions have changed.

I have been doing 10-20% PWC weekly.

Filtration is Fluval Cascade... I think its rated for a 55gal tank. I also have a Power head rated for 50gallons creating high current in one side of the tank, while filtering.

The tank is 55gallons acrylic, tunnel tank. It is planted, currently there is no CO2 injection, but I do dose once a week with the PWC, and have an airstone in the tank (there used to be a issue with them running out of air at night).

There are a total of 15 Corydoras (three different species), 5 gourmies, 2 ottos, 1 BN Pleco, 3 Kuli Loches, 5 Neon Tetras, 1 Zebra Danio.

Tank has been set-up for 1 month where I am now, however I moved it with all the original substrate, filter material, and plants from a 3 month location. (I move back and forth from school and home every year. The mini-cycle lasted 13days, it is currently stable).

This fish, along with the other 7 are new, within a week. They were shipped to me, so acclimating was done, just into the tank.

Nothing new has been added to the tank, however I did clean the filter for the first time in a month last week, but no other fish are shwoing any stress signs.

Food consists of anything the other fish mis + algae pelets and 'shrimp pelets' along with some random stuff depending on my mood. (All different fish foods).

thank you.

Save my Cory! :)

EDIT:
Additional Info: The fish seems to be very lethargic. And so far his upside down spells only come when he is at rest. not sparatically when he is swimming regulary.

This paticualr corry seems to be staying away from the shoal overall.

I will spend more time observing tomrrow and get some more detailed observations if it is nessary.

Hey PsiPro. Kinda sounds like the cory is very stressed. Perhaps from handling from being caught to being shipped, to coming home with you. Stress can mess with the swim bladder and that is what sounds like is up with your cory. I think I would provide as good water quality as possible and hope for the best.

Sorry can't be of more help.

Sortof What I was hoping for. I was reading about parasites that cause swiming disorders.

I found the poor little guy on his back today... :( I and my roomates had a ceromony in the bathroom to wish him bonvoage.

Back
Top Bottom