Sick Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zinthos26

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've noticed one of my zebra danios is not swimming very well. Her tail droops down and sometimes she swims a little crooked. She is still eating but I'm worried I'm going to find her dead. Does anybody know what might be the cause of this? A few months ago she got stuck in a little flower pot I had in there. That was such a scary thing to find but she got out. She had some cuts all over her and I was worried she might get an infection but she healed up completely. It has been months since then so I really don't know if that might be whats wrong now or something completely different. All my other fish are fine so far.

Can never hurt to do a water change (roughly 50%) and add a bit of aquarium salt.

I'd still do it. Really, if you're unsure of what might be causing a problem, what harm can a water change do?

yup fridays are when i do my water changes so ill be doing that soon. Just wondering if maybe this might be something internal and if i should be buying something to treat it

most things i've read say that medications often aren't much more useful than a water change and some salt. i'm sure there are exceptions. but i wouldn't know what could be causing your problems so until someone more knowledgeable posts here, i'd at least do that for now.

Back
Top Bottom