Sick Goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KatieC

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've had a problem recently with my fish. I recently added a new fish to the tank, and quite soon after this my other two fish got sick, but the new fish was fine. One of the fish developed two red spots that look like blood under his scales at the bottom of one of his fins, the other developed cotton wool like growths all over. I moved them to separate tanks and treated them with melafix. The other morning I woke up and one of the fish the one with cotton wool growths was dead. The cotton wool had gone and left big scab like bloody spots when she died. The other is still acting normally, but the red spots aren't budging. I don't know what to do, the spots haven't changed since I first saw them about two weeks ago. Not sure I posted this in the right place since its goldfish. Please help

Hi
This needs moved to the Unhealthy Fish section. That will get you more help!

This sounds like an infection - fungal or bacterial.

I see from your profile that you have a 20 liter tank, which is about 5 US gallons. Is that the tank you have the goldfish in?

I also see that you do weekly water changes & add salt each time.

Do you test your water? We need to know where your results are for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate please. :)

My tank is 30l, sorry I might have pressed the wrong key, I moved the sick fish to a different tank to seperate from the other one. I don't have a test kit but my local pet shop tests the water for free, I'll go there in the next couple of days and get it tested and let you know. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom