Sick guppy :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ursi

Aquarium Advice Freak
This morning when I turned my tank lights on, I found one of my guppies laying on the floor, he had his tail ripped and had lost all colour in his body bar a red spot. He is usually vibrant coloured on his body with red blue and yellow, and now he is a pale cream.

image-2318501602.jpg

He isn't moving, and is just staying in that same position.. He ate a little today, but was disinterested.

Water parameters:
PH- 7.5
ammonia- 0
nitrites -0
Nitrates- 5

Any body have any idea how I can help him?
All other fish are fine

Looks like he got bullied by the other fish and I would separate him into like a 1 or 3 gallon

I have a 2.5 gallon but its not cycled so that's not a option I have him in a floating breeder to isolate him at the moment, just not sure what to do. Guess ill see how he is in the morning, I've added melafix to the water, did a 20% water change too before adding it.

The guppy is still the same, anyone have any idea?

I can't keep him in the floating breeder for much longer? I let him back into the tank yesterday and thought he looked like he was on the road to recovery, this morning found him laying on the plants, so put him back in.

I don't know what to do to help him.. Any ideas?

sounds like he is being bullied by someone in the tank my one i seperated for about a week and his fins healed up good and he was sweet as.

Yeah my angel fish had a go at him along with the rest of my guppies, I rehomed them, they aren't in the tank anymore as 2 neons were killed too and it had been on going. I have a 2.5 g cycling now but I can't put him in it until its fully cycled, I don't think he would cope if I put him in there before. So do you recommend I leave him in the floating breeder? He's not swimming he either stays by the top not moving with his tail dragging down, or he lays on the floor of the breeder and that's it, he's not eating either.
I just don't know what to do, wait I guess :(

Back
Top Bottom