Sick Oscars Lying On Side

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JokerBebop

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I have a question. I have a 55 gal tank, with 2 Oscars. I just recently did a water change. I changed about 25 percent of the water. The Oscars are now laying on there sides on the bottom of the tank. There still breathing, but they barely move. I have never ever seen them do this before. I'm really scared there going to die. The levels in the tank are fine, I know its not that for a fact. Any ideas ?

I work at wal-mart and I see the oscars laying on their sides all the time. You should do a search around these forums. Don't take my word for it, but I think Oscars just do this sometimes. but yea... just do a search around here and you should find something.

Im being told on another forum, it may be the water was poured to fast into the tank. Could this be possible

Nah, oscars get grumpy ey.
they got real attitude, it has also been said it's hunting instinct to, to lie in wait until a poor passerby ends up being lunch..
No need to worry.

I'd be more worried if you started seeing growths or something on their bodies, but like DeFeKt said it's said to be hunting instinct. If they keep doing it for days continuously, without getting up, they I'd start to worry 8O

Not a big oscar helper but it sounds logical to me lol hth

Back
Top Bottom