Sick platies-help please-

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amatharu147

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

I'm a bit of a novice with fish. I have a 30 gal tank with 5 platies in it. Tank been cycling since Feb 2004. temp is set at 78'. And i noticed a big change in the fish. I think they have Blue Gourami with Gill Flukes. It fits the desp. Fish dont have an appetite, hang around the water surface and red discloroation around the gills, and they are lighter in colour. Any natural ways to get ride of the parasite besude getting some medications? Kinda like the ICH solutions. I dont know that ph leves on the water because i dont have a kit. But i change 25% of the water ever month. Add Cycle and other stuff. everything was fine until that last couple of days. The fish has been in the tank for 6 or more month and even had succesfull breeding. until about a couple of days ago..one of the black mollies just died and the next day one of the sword tails, after that i changed the water, filtered the rocks..and they still look sick...any sugguest would be greatly appericated.

Aaron

oh yes...no change in thier diet. feeding that same things...no new items in the tanks...I just move then around to give it a different look.

flukes

I don't think you have a fluke problem,,,,but before you add anything you should test your ammonia and nitrites. Bill

Hello,

The fish are still look sick. They still haev red Gills and lost my female sword tail :cry: Bought a PH and Ammonia tester today. Ph is 7.6 and Ammonia is .25. MY understanding is that mollies like 7.2.-7.5..so it just a bit high...would that make a big difference? any other suggestions on what it could be? I didnt pick up a Nit kit yet.

Back
Top Bottom