Sick Tiger Barb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daveylowe

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can anyone help. What's up with my tiger. All water paramaters are fine and have been checked by local shop. Feeding OK. This has happened to other tiger barbs. They go skinny under the neck and hide. I took one of them (before it died) to the local fish shop and they said he was healthy but then died. Looks like it's gonna happen to this one. Ur assistance is appreciated. I've attached photos

9e4326aaa57a7903a17470465e10f378.jpg

6db8e7480ca2b3dc6ac1a0042bd85b75.jpg

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

What are the exact water parameters. When the store people are going to do the test tell them you need to notate the information.

Write down each thing they are checking and report back. Should be Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, pH and GH, Alkalinity (KH). They should be looking at the first 3 probably 4 and maybe all of those.

Tank size, pwc schedule and amount, your stock if there are other fish. Anything else.

~~~~~~~

Also does the fish have fish food colored poop? Is it clear or white and clear and /or stringy (poo is a string at times, not the same thing).

Now for additional info on keeping fish and even more links check out my signature for an article

Last edited:
Hi

ammonia - 0
Nitrate - 0
Ph - around 7.6

Tank size - 110l

Water change schedule. Say every 2 - 3 weeks partial

As to stock I have about 19;

Cheers

Oh and the poop is white!