Sickness or battle wounds?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jess1ca

Aquarium Advice Addict
Found my Chailosi looking like this :/ it's not cottony or raised off the skin nor fuzzy looking. Just like the color had been lost. The color seems to be fading in an out with its mood....

Attachments

• image-2997207482.jpg
    image-2997207482.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 85
  • image-3197843929.jpg
    image-3197843929.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 94
  • image-1274515882.jpg
    image-1274515882.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 81
  • image-2168770595.jpg
    image-2168770595.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
AndrewsPistol said:
Found my Chailosi looking like this :/ it's not cottony or raised off the skin nor fuzzy looking. Just like the color had been lost. The color seems to be fading in an out with its mood....

Anybody got ideas???

I wish I could offer you some advice here but I have no personal experience with these guys so I dont know if this is normal or not. Do you mean the area towards his tail that looks greyish? If this is what is not normal for him, from the pic it looks like it may have been scraped but if its changing colors with his mood, I dont know. He/she is beautiful though! The best I can offer is to keep a close eye on him and let us know if anything changes such as fuzziness, tufts of hairlike projections, redness/inflammation or any odd behavior. Hopefully, someone with experience with these guys can offer more insight and advice for you!

jlk said:
I wish I could offer you some advice here but I have no personal experience with these guys so I dont know if this is normal or not. Do you mean the area towards his tail that looks greyish? If this is what is not normal for him, from the pic it looks like it may have been scraped but if its changing colors with his mood, I dont know. He/she is beautiful though! The best I can offer is to keep a close eye on him and let us know if anything changes such as fuzziness, tufts of hairlike projections, redness/inflammation or any odd behavior. Hopefully, someone with experience with these guys can offer more insight and advice for you!

Hi! I'm driving so this has to be shot and sweet haha! I will elaborate more when I'm done :) it's te white on its mouth that has me concerned :/ thank you it's one of my favorites :) it's been quarreling with a female Pseudotropheus Elongatus Ornatus a lot lately part of the reason I thought it may be an injury because the fighting is pretty much liplocking. Ill let ya know if the spot changes textures or anything. Ill be changing water like a madman to try to clear it up. I already do wc every 3 days... Should I step it up to once a day till it clears up??

It looks to me like he has been fighting with another tank mate. I work for a lfs and they get like that when they have been bulling each other. Dose any of your other fish show signs of bulling? I would just keep an eye on it to make sure it don't get worse. But i have seen this many times and he should be ok.

Back
Top Bottom