Somethings wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Monroe10

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm not in the freshwater forum but I'm in sw. But my girlfriend has a fw tank and this fish can't remember te name got huge, fat over the weekend, sick? Normal?

image-2578144715.jpg

We are at college and I don't have a test kit but ill do a water change

Ill get it tested tomorrow dint really have much time tonight, any clue what it is?

The red gills tell me ammonia poisoning, but the body swelling doesn't. Unless that's some tricked out unknown symptom I've never heard associated. Comparing to whatever beast disease killed my guppies, yours is much slower and the red is in a different spot. The sudden body swelling does look like whatever this was. I don't remember this second if you said it was lethargic. As for the exact problem, I am clueless. My mom thought gill disease, but that didn't match when I looked it up, and I did the treatment the Internet said to do and it didn't work. I could not tell you what exactly it is if my life depended on it. I apologize.

I don't have any experience with this type of fish. But I have heard of fish getting bloat or dropsy. I heard blanched peas can help with bloat. You could look up how to treat those. Otherwise I can look for some websites.

I left fw months ago and now I'm spending all my time and money in sw so im not really familiar with this stuff too much anymore

Back
Top Bottom