Strange red bruise?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

minnowbouy88

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Guys i came home from work to discover one of my white cloud minnows with a horrible red mark that i can only discribe as bruising on both its side, one is worse than the other, first thing that i done was test ammonia which is 0ppm, its a fully cycled tank of over a year and have never seen anything like this, any ideas as i feel so sorry for the for fella, the fish is eating and swimming fine but a little scared. Do u think it could have been attacked or caught in somthing? Other tank mates are 2 other white clouds 5 zebra danio and 2 sterbai cory, the tank is 120l,

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0

Ph 7.4
Nitrate 40ppm very high but am struggling to drop this.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415222907.164777.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415222919.009179.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415222931.393122.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

To me it kinda looks like her egg sac is filled with eggs but I'm not 100%

Thanks for the reply, i wish i could get a better picture it defiantly looks like a bruise rather than something in her stomach, its more visible on one side and has a darker colouring around it like shes been pinched but ive never seen anything like it in my life??

I was about to say not live bearers but it looks similar to a guppys gravid spot. So I was thinking possible egg sac too but the last poster best me to it

Does it have any red in its fins or eye?

Wondering about a bacterial infection. I had a goldfish which I tried to rescue which had Septicemia over and over again.

I would recommend keeping an eye on the water parameters. Maybe proactive of the pwc. If you are gonna do meds, I would do back to back 50% pwc just to make sure your water is a tip top before starting them.

No unnatural red on fins other than the red that's supposed to be there and definitely no red eyes going on what so ever, this has only come up in the spur of around 6 hours so maybe other signs will follow. I hope not but guess just have to keep an eye on her for now. If any one has any other ideas that would be brilliant, trying to rule out as many things as possible right now thanks guys.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom