striped raphael catfish question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jehenry89

Aquarium Advice Freak
My Striped Raphael Catfish's stripes are more beige rather than the white that I see in a lot of pictures. When they were young, their stripes were super bright white but it has seem to faded over time. Is there a reason for this? Are they sick or maybe not getting something in their diet?

My Raphael

Mine is about 3 years old, she has beige stripes. I can't remember what she looked like when she was young. Maybe their color changes with age...or maybe the lighting...I don't know

I know my green tiger barbs are blue under a certain light and then green under another light.

I always assumed it was the reflection of various light waves emitted of different lights

Here are photos of her so you can compare yours with her.

Attachments

• 3-16-2013 002 (640x480).jpg
    3-16-2013 002 (640x480).jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 3-16-2013 003 (640x480).jpg
    3-16-2013 003 (640x480).jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 61
Mine is about 3 years old, she has beige stripes. I can't remember what she looked like when she was young. Maybe their color changes with age...or maybe the lighting...I don't know

I know my green tiger barbs are blue under a certain light and then green under another light.

I always assumed it was the reflection of various light waves emitted of different lights

Here are photos of her so you can compare yours with her.

Ya that's how mine look too. It must just change when they age. I was just worried it was a vitamin deficiency or something. Well thanks!

Back
Top Bottom