Think i'm loosing a green cory =(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaunakadub

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I purchased 2 green corys a few days ago to go along with my 3 albino corys. One of the green corys looks really bad, while the other one seems to be the happiest cat on the earth.

The sick cory sat in one place all day yesterday. I decided to wait overnight and see if he had moved or anything, but he hasn't. I tryed a little push - and - go method wiht my net to see if I could get some movement out of him, which worked, but only for a short time, where he promlty went back to his laying down.

It seems to me he is rotting away or something. His eyes are pushed in a little bit, his fins don't look in great shape. The water parm. seem fine, and all the other fish in the tank are doing there normal activites.

I did notice one thing, it seems I have gotten a little ammonia spike, maybe .25 on the little chart that comes with the test kit, but everything else seems fine.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions? Should I add some Prime to try and drop the ammonia back to .0 and see if that helps him, or should I put him down so he doesn't get the other fish sick?

Ive had a few cories that just stay in one place

Do your cories have any hiding places? Maybe he is staying perfectly still for "safety" reasons.

Also, never ever ever put chemicals in your tank to change your water parameters, it just makes things worse. Do a 25% water change and if you have the means, maybe QT your fish with some medication like Melafix if he continues to get worse

I agree, do a water change, add your declorinator with the water change. Any amount of ammonia will affect a fish that isn't feeling well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom