UNknown disease

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shsean

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone KNow which kind of diseases can affect the fish right eyes and eventually died. It happened be4 to my angelish and tetra right where the right eyes were affected at the same time and eventually they died. i doubt they died because they cant spot the food easily as they werehalf blind. But i would like to knOw how to curb this from happening again and what kind of disease it is. Thanks for ur reply...

U mean the condition of the water or the fish's eye? if water, it was not cloudy at all but if the fish's eyes, yeah the right eye where the black eye ball became not visible ( slight white)..

It sounds like a bacterial infection. What are your water parameters and how often do you do water changes? If it happens again treat with an anti-bacterial medicine.

well my tank can just occupied 20 gallons of water and i carry out water changes two weeks once..

Cloudy eyes is sometimes a symptom of poor water quality as well. Or general stress.

I would start by doing twice weekly water changes and treating with an anti-bacterial medicine.

Back
Top Bottom