Update on Injured P. Demasoni

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unknown_7

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just felt like updating everyone on my female (I think) P. Demasoni. For all those who forgot what happened, I received two P. Demasonis and bunch of yellow lab fry. I put all of them in the 55 gallon I have. All was well except for about 2 or 3 weeks later one of the Demasonis ( I think is a male) started to chase the other one ( I think a female) around. The next day my father found the female unable to balance herself in the water in a corner with almost 75% of her fins shredded, her eye gouged, and scales missing. So I moved the male into the convict tank where he is now very mellow (which fish wouldn't) and left with female with the yellow lab fry. I put a bit of that melafix, fin regrow helper thing and then realized I probaly should because of the fry. Well, anyways a couple months later, the female has recover just about 100% of her fins, look very nice, all her scales are back, except for the fact that is now only always a pale blue and not the nice shiny dark blue she was before, and swim great. The only thing that is keeping her from being 100% overall the same again is that she is sort of missing an eye. Its hard to explain, cause the eye is not completely out of the socket, it is just that there is a weird orange thing there, but she is coping well. I came to me as a shock because the yellow lab fry are tiny and yet still neither of them bothered to even eat or harass them, its like they don't exist. If I want to keep more P. Demasonis in the future what should I do. OH yeah, I some how found 3 demasoni fry in the tank, about 45 days after I got them and now I only could find 1, I want the two adults to breed, but I highly doubt that now. Anyways, this is waht happen and I am glad you guys have the time to read this.

Great news! I always like to hear a story with a happy ending instead of the sad ending. Congratulations.

Back
Top Bottom