Urgent help for fancy fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yahooandgoogle

Aquarium Advice Freak
My fancy is really struggling with swim bladder and has missing scales in a line which looks nasty I think it's from laying up near the filter and it has rubbed :-(
My question is there any anything else I can do?
She has had swim bladder for ages now I've tried peas, fasting, frequent water changes and salt. I have an air bubbler and filter. I have lowed some of the tank water also.
I have some bio tet coming this week as she is doing very stringy poo so I wanted to treat her for a parasite which I spoke to a fish expert online and she said to try it. I am going to leave her in the tank to treat her. The nitrate is 5 nitrite is 0 ammonia is 0 and ph 7.4. I have tried everything to help her. It's heartbreaking seeing her struggle she tries to swim to the bottom but sinks back up she swims sideways and if she's not doing that she is in the corner of the tank.
I am considering to euthanise her if she is struggling but want to give her a try with the medicine first. She also has red in her eye which looks like blood. I am hoping the aquarium salt starts to help her eye and scales.
I have had her for a year now she's my little survivor. She has gone down hill the last few days :-(
What do I do next?
I have added a picture of her. The petshop was no help neither were any of the vets I have called none will help. I would take her to the vet to be put down because I couldn't do it myself :-( please someone help me.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411806819.607023.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So there is a girl on youtube (just trust me here) that has a lot of great advice on goldfish, and I watched one of her videos about goldfish and swim bladder disease and how to help treat it. I think she would be worth watching. her youtube name is Solid Gold. here is one of her videos about sores on floating fish to get you started. I hope this helps! How to Relieve Sores on Floaty Fish - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom