Watching bf's tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sfavor

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I posted a while ago about a sick dojo. It was in my boyfriends tank; the post was on his behalf. I'm now watching his tank for 3 weeks. I'm looking for some advice.

He had a dwarf gourami go about 2 weeks ago. It became very disoriented and couldn't swim upright before it died. We isolated him and did our best to keep him fed and happy in its condition before he went but I understand that is not uncommon in that breed. Then two of his dojo's lost color in their tails and eventually died. It was odd because over the course of a day or two the color seemed to slowly leach from the tip of their tail up until they passed.

He has been away for 3 days and I came to check on his fish today. They had a weekly vacation blob to tide them over. His other dwarf gourami was dead. There is still another apparently healthy dojo and several other seemingly healthy fish and African dwarf frogs.

So, I'm wondering what to do. I won't be able to be here everyday to closely monitor them so I am hesitant to quarantine any of them or apply a treatment to the whole tank when I can't do daily water changes to lower the concentration. What should I be looking for? What can I do that doesn't require constant attention? Any guidance would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

A little more info would help, what size tank, how long is it established, any new additions? Does he have a test kit?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom