Weird (Spot) growth on my Bristlenose Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hubert90

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi,

Hows it going guys? Thank y'all for reading my post. My bristlenose pleco has had a weird growth just behind his left eye for a few months now. It hasn't really grown in size as far as i can tell, however, i would like to find out what it is. I believe its a female because it still hasnt grown any bristles after a year or so.

She is in a 40 gallon high tank with an apple snail (no other tenant). Its a bare bottom tank with a fluval 406 canister filter and yes its fully cycled. All the parameters are in the green; ph 7.4, nitrate < 10ppm, temperature ~ 25 degree Celsius (77 degree Fahrenheit).

I've also noticed that she hasn't grown much in size from when she was brought but that's probably because I look at her every day. There are 2 pieces of driftwood in there and i feed her 6 days a week. Her diet includes zucchinis, de-shelled peas, algae wafers, blood worms and some NLS pellets.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• IMG_1182[1].jpg
    IMG_1182[1].jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1180[1].jpg
    IMG_1180[1].jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 73
  • image-2303745959.jpg
    image-2303745959.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 71
It's definitely neither fungal or bacterial and it looks like it could potentially be either a parasite or a tumor. Or maybe even an injury from trying to wedge itself somewhere that healed poorly.

It's definitely neither fungal or bacterial and it looks like it could potentially be either a parasite or a tumor. Or maybe even an injury from trying to wedge itself somewhere that healed poorly.

Thanks for your reply. What do you think I should do? Treat it, leave it? Hah

Back
Top Bottom