What a day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Today I lost the battle of internal parasites to one of my gorgeous red melon discus. Unfortunately even with treatment, he/she just succumbed. RIP.

Then I notice one of the rainbows in the 55 gal has ich! No one else yet thank goodness! Up goes the heat. I think a black cloud sunk on me this week. Haven't had any fishy problems in quite a while, I guess good luck runs out.

I'm sorry. :( I am sending good thoughts your way and hope the black cloud is only momentary.

Sorry for your loss! I'm also sending good thoughts in your direction! Do you soak your frozen in something like garlic guard? This can help to boost their immune systems and better fight parasites, and infections.

Thanks everyone. The discus are not fed frozen foods for that very reason. I feed freeze dried or flake that is soaked in geltek as a precaution and fresh veggies.

The ich is already starting to dissipate off the rainbow. It never ceases to amaze me how much more active the fish gets when the temps rise. I have a huge bubble curtain in the tank for them that they race back and forth through.

Nice, I'm glad it's working out for you. In FW simply raising the temp will kill off the parasites?

Yes Scott, for ICH all that needs to be done is pump the temp up over 86F, adding salt will also do the trick.

I had kind of heard that before, and I just wanted to make sure. Man, that must be nice. "Salties" don't have it that lucky, lol! Thanks for the clarification!

Back
Top Bottom