Whats wrong with my RAM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lordofworms

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Tank specs.

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate < 10

Medium planted tank
Anubias/Wisteria/Crypts

Tank has been running for about a year now. RAM is about 7 months old from time I got him.

he just started showing symptoms 2 days ago, he was being listless and not eating much and pretty much hiding in a corner for most of the day. I have several other fish that do not show any signs of illness.

I checked from above and their is no pinecone effect of the gills.
I havent changed diet or anything, I only started dosing Excel every other day a few weeks ago.

colors are slightly faint but a big noticible white blotch mark just underneath the skin it looks like. as a note I did have a neon tetra that died of something similar but it died before I noticed anything wrong so I couldnt take preventive measures.
is this something I can treat? he is currently in a QT tank with the temp about 87degrees/some salt.

what more can I do? wish I could get a cleare pic. but this was the best I could do:(

Attachments

• sickram.jpg
    sickram.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 57
Sadly my bolivian ram passed away last night. I buried her in my flower garden and said a small prayer.
all other fish are still showing no symptoms or quirkiness in behavior so i hope the worse is over
(did 50% water change anyways to be sure)

I think I figured out your disease. It was Neon Tetra's Disease; you couldn't have done anything apparently. If any other fish get it, go ahead and euthanize.

Neon Tetra Disease

Sorry to hear about your ram :( Hopefully no other fish will get it

edit: wow I just read that link from Crepe, and that is very sad. It reminds me of fish TB. Just make sure you wear gloves or take protective measures to make sure there is no chance you could get anything!

Back
Top Bottom