White dots on gold fish head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bagsycp

Aquarium Advice Newbie
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397289394.705146.jpg

Hi could someone please help, these small white spots have appeared on one of my gold fishes head just above his eye, his gils and fins. I tried to research it but there's so many things it could or could not be from ich to breeding spots. All the water tests are fine and weekly water changes are carried out. Hope someone with better knowledge is able to diagnose from the picture and advice me on what to do, would be a massive help, thanks very much

Welcome to AA!!!

Can you please post your tank size, stocking and water parameters? Water change schedule? How long you have owned this fish?

You mentioned white spots on the head and gill area (as your pic shows ) but you also mention them in other areas. Where else specifically?

Based on your picture, you simply have a make oranda that is reaching breeding age. He may have a bit of wen growth as well. Spits on the pectoral fins are normal as well but spots elsewhere may indicate something amiss. Some more information will help! :)

Hi thank you for your reply, sorry for my late reply but I've been away for the week. The tank size is 210 litre with 3 oranda and 1 pleco. I've had the fish for about 9 months. I do weekly water changes of about 30% where I also hover the stones and clean the filters.

The white spots are above both eyes, on his gils and also the front fins. None appear elsewhere on his body, and neither of the other fish have them.

I've uploaded the pictures of my water tests.

View attachment 234184View attachment 234185

Thanks very much for your help.

The white spots on the gills, pectorals (front fins) and above the eyes are all perfectly normal! It just indicates you have a sexually mature male oranda. Nothing to be concerned about and you may see the spots come and go on their own though some males will always have them. Just keep an eye on him for any signs of aggression and/or breeding behaviors as its sometimes necessary to separate males to prevent injury to other fish.

Unfortunately, your attachments did not link but as long as you are staying on top of your water changes (I would personally up the size and frequency), things should be fine. If you have any questions,do not hesitate to ask! :)

Back
Top Bottom