2 ids - with ultra-fancy pictures!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nim Chimpsky

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
critters.gif

Exhibit A is a transparent sort of flat thing with an orangey bump in the middle that doesn't quite stick out of its body. It moves in the direction of the arrows. Is this what a baby snail looks like?

Exhibit B is a group of little spore-looking things that are sort of white bumps with hairy legs sticking out. They are not copepods, and they just hang there in a group in one location. Egg sacs of some kind maybe?

Thanks for any help!

First of all, great pics!!!

The first drawing looks like a flatworm. If there aren't many I wouldn't worry about it. If they reproduce you can pick up some Flatworm Exit to get rid of them. They can sometimes harm corals.

The second one looks like hydroids. I do not know much about them but I think they are harmless.

HTH

tripper

I agree with tripper. The flatworm you have is a copepod eater and not really harmful. The second looks like hydriods and will probably die out on thier own.

The second looks like hydriods and will probably die out on thier own.

Are you sure about that? :) These things are multiplying in front of my eyes! When I posted this there were 5 in the whole tank. Today, just from looking at one patch of them, 3 more appeared sometime during the day. Hope they don't get out of control. :)

Back
Top Bottom