55G Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nxb161

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This is a tank I'm thinking about getting. I don't have a lot of specs though. What I do have disturbs me a bit, but maybe I'm wrong, that's why I figured I'd post it here.

yellow tang
blue hippo tang
various damsels
scooter blenny
clown fish
coral banded shrimp
some type of lobster
bi color angel
20 lbs of liverock
AQUALIGHT T5 DUAL LAMP FIXTURE 48" from coralife
(there is no coral that I know of, but with that fixture, I don't think it'd support any either)

(Its already up and running, owner passed away)

Well... I can say the first thing i would do is get rid of those tangs. That tank is 1/2 the size those things need... they both need a tank at least 6' long.

Also the damsels... not the best choice in fish. 20 lbs of live rock really isn't anywhere near enough either. Any mention of a sump or anything?

Ok, so far that was my thought exactly. No, I asked about the sump, says one should fit in the stand, but not currently one installed......

I agree with the damsel, They were neat as my first fish after I cycled, but I've moved passed them now, and really wouldn't want to go back.

I'm waiting to hear back from them, They mentioned that they wanted someone to take good care of the fish. I put that I would most likely be doing the tangs a favor by bringing them to a good locally owned fish store, since the tank was too small. I mentioned the 20lbs not being enough, I haven't heard form them in hours, maybe I offended them..... :(

Back
Top Bottom