Adding Live Rock during Cycle..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqua786

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
HI, my nano tank has been cycling for nearly two weeks, all my levels are fine, and water is clear, I was planning to add my first fish at the end of the week, but was also thinking of adding about 8kg of live rock into my nano, will this affect the cycling process ? Or will I still be able to add my first fish? Thanks

Depends on whether the LR you are looking to add is fully cured or not. If you are purchasing it from a local source and it has been in an aquarium and is fully cured, it will not affect your cycle. If you're ordering it in from somewhere or its uncured rock, then yes it will likely affect your cycle.

Wy Renegade said:
Depends on whether the LR you are looking to add is fully cured or not. If you are purchasing it from a local source and it has been in an aquarium and is fully cured, it will not affect your cycle. If you're ordering it in from somewhere or its uncured rock, then yes it will likely affect your cycle.

It's from a guy who lives about an hour away from me, he has it in its tank and it's cured. So would it be okay ?

Back
Top Bottom