Awesome goby want another but dont know the name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ratrob57

Aquarium Advice Regular
He is under 1inch about a year old tan with a black stripe running threw his dorsal fin down vertically the front of the dorsal has a spike to it he also has a black stripe vertically threw his eye.

Attachments

• image-934578589.jpg
    image-934578589.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 288
  • image-1152155631.jpg
    image-1152155631.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 296
I was just checking back through old identification posts to see if there were any fish that needed a name. So sorry I didn't check this one earlier. It's a little hard to see details to be sure, but I suspect this is Redigobius balteatus, an estuarine species from the Indo-Pacific. Do a google image search on this species to see if it looks like yours.

Tony Gill said:
I was just checking back through old identification posts to see if there were any fish that needed a name. So sorry I didn't check this one earlier. It's a little hard to see details to be sure, but I suspect this is Redigobius balteatus, an estuarine species from the Indo-Pacific. Do a google image search on this species to see if it looks like yours.

You are 100% correct somebody on another forum came up with the common name for it. They are apparently more commonly brackish but my LFS does not seem to understand the word. On my last visit they had scats and brackish puffers in with a humahuma... some people!. I was glad to see when searching under the name you provided that they can be found full salt so I am probably not decreasing his life Span by keeping him in my nano :)

Back
Top Bottom