Betta stress or flukes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeepAsHadal

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I moved my betta to different tank while setting up a bigger tank. The tank has a few shrimp in it. He's lazy and slow so I thought it would be ok with them for a few weeks. He's been pretty resilient, but I'm sure this has been stressful for him.

A few days ago he developed some darker irregular vertical stripes, then his blackish mask changed to light gold. I wasn't super concerned because he's always had underlying colors in certain lights and I thought the stress was changing his color. But his fins are clamped and there is an area on his gills and above his eyes that seems much lighter. I don't see white fuzz, but the scales became almost white along the edge. Yesterday I saw what I thought was him flashing, like a twitch when he was swimming. He's still active and eating, and is beginning to hunt shrimp. His tank is ready so I'd like to move him.

Is this just stress and maybe a shrimp snack? Or does it seem like velvet or gill flukes or something that should be treated?

I'm not sure how to approach this and appreciate the help. Thanks,

there is something wrong. he rubbed on a plant and flinched, he's hiding and lethargic, except if there's food.

I'm suspect of gill flukes because his gills are whitish and breathing. the color of his head has turned to kakhi, but it doesn't seem shine. Is API general cure ok to start? should I do a salt bath? I've never dosed meds and I'm not sure how to go about figuring out where to start

I've tried to get pix but he hides as soon as the camera comes near.

FbMiSTP

does this look like ich? Some scales on his head turned whiter. its a blurry pic and I'm not sure if it will post.

ok, I think I attached the pic. if anyone can look at it I appreciate your time. thanks.

Attachments

• 1107201230-1.jpg
    1107201230-1.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 18
If anyone could give any feedback or comment i would just be so appreciative...Even if it's to tell me what an idiot i am.

I've given 2 doses of API general cure because he's flicking his head and gills,and GC treats both flukes and velvet, he seems to have those symptoms...it seemed to help while the medication was active, but after a few days he starts flicking his head and gills again. He's been eating.

So I moved him into a 5 gallon quarantine tank and started on prazipro for flukes. The dose seems to help while the medication is active, but a few hours/or day after I do water changes he starts flicking on his gills and head, and it's gotten really violent. Maybe the the freshwater ques the eggs to hatch? Maybe I'm totally off? If a fish could talk.

I've been dosing medication since 11/5, every 2-5 days. I tried salt yesterday but it seemed to make it worse.

Has anyone had experience with flukes? Should I keep up the medication?

Thanks for anyone's help.

Back
Top Bottom