brown blobs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phishead

Aquarium Advice Activist
I noticed these on my glass right after I got some new live rock. They are brown and I originally thought they were algea. Then I noticed that they move like a snail. They look like a tiny beach cabana with one side open.

I wasn't really concerned with them, until they decided to all go sit on my new leather coral. Are they bad? Why are they interested in the leather? sorry, can't take a picture small enough of the individual organism. They are on the leather.

Attachments

• leather_827.jpg
    leather_827.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 87
Sounds like yellow flatworms. They will stress your coral. There is a product called flatworm exit that works on getting rid of these. But, the way I understand it is, you'll want to use a piece of airline tubing first to try and syphon out as many as you can first. Then use the exit and syphon up the dead one so they don't contaminate your tank to bad. I'll find a pic for you to compare them too. HTH

Fluff, you are awesome. that is exactly what I have.
I must have searched for an hour before posting, It drives me nuts when I read posts that have already been addressed. Read-"little white bugs on my glass" :wink:

You found the answer in no time. Thank you so much!

I immediatley siphoned off about a hundred of those suckers on sunday, but today there are another hundred to go. I am waiting for more water to mix. Then I will go at them again. Have you or anyone else used this flatworm exit product. Mainly, does it kill more beneficial things?

When I was a real rookie I had to treat with RxP and that killed most of the cool stuff on my rock. I was so happy to have worms and pods again that I would hate to kill them all. :(

Flatworm exit is supposed to only target the flatworms. I've been lucky enough to not have to use it myself but have read threads where folks have with wonderful results. I've only ever read good things about it. Just syphoning out the worms as much as you can will help. I'm not surprised you have so many. Everything I've read says they reproduce quicker than lightening. Here is a link to one of our sponsers who sells the product. Good luck. :D http://www.sharkysreef.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=62&products_id=1025

Back
Top Bottom