Bugosaurus must die!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pat8you

Aquarium Advice Addict
Looking at the tank the other day and i saw a small (1/8" ish) bug crawling around on one of my rocks. Looked kinda like a pill bug (grey) with two antenna on its head and 4 coming out the back. Wasn't able to get a picture and haven't seen the thing, which i have named bugosaurus for now, again since. Seem like it fits the description for and isopod but i thought i would ask the rest of the people here. I know you can't do much with out a picture but thought i would try anyway. I had started a thread about having trouble with my xenia, could this be whats causing it? If it is an isopod how do i go about getting these things (i assume there are more) out of my tank. Ok people bugosaurus is not welcome in my tank help me out here.

Look like this?...

dsc04741-1.jpg

Length of the critter is about 3/16" long. I had these isopods for a while, but manually removed them when I could. I eventually got rid of them... at least I haven't seen one in many many moons. Think they were just herbivores because they never bothered my fish.

hmm i check out Xtalreef and it might be a amphapod. hard to say becuase i didn't get a real good look at it. It had like "sections" on its main body like the picture of the amphapod.

kurt - didn't look like that guy but i appreciate the help.

I guess i will keep an eye out for it to come out again and see if i can get a better look at it. Until then i will make sure there is no change in fish or corals and hope for the best. even if it was something bad i have no idea how i would be able to remove it. was way to fast and small to remove by hand.

thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom