Can anyone identify this coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This looks like a plate coral that is in bad shape to me.

I agree, plate coral or fungi something or other... looks horrible, should never see all that skeleton. It should be placed on the sandbed, careful not to tear the flesh on the edges. It like any coral needs clean water. They will also accept mysis if target feed.

Went back to the store it's a hammer coral, it isn't very happy I'm not quite sure what to do for it any suggestions??

Strange skeleton for a hammer coral. I'm going to say heliofungia actiniformis, or long tentacle plate coral. They usually don't do well long term in closed systems. Another coral that should be left in the ocean.

Ill take your words for it that it is a plate coral, I have all my water to suit it's needs replaced it in the sand bed have correct lighting, is there anything else I can do for it?

I agree with it being a plate coral. That being said a lot of plates are nps (non photo synthetic) which means it will have to be target fed

Well it's starting to slowly open back up looks to be doing well got all my water qualities stable n good. Thanks for the help guys

Back
Top Bottom