Coral ID please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since the flower pot coral was placed on the tank my finger coral has started to look a little dodgy.

image-1355865357.jpg

It's stopped opening up. Could this be chemical warfare from the flower pot?

They do look kinda close... good chance the flowerpot stung it. Hard to tell how close they would get with it being deflated...but if it was anything like mine was it would have been all over the place. The flowerpot's aggression is pretty high up there, and the sting isn't anything to laugh at. My flowerpot fell from it's position onto a plate coral with poor results for the plate. I wouldn't assume chemical warface, usually heard more of with SPS and softies.

Is the sting strong enough to kill another coral or will it just knock it back for a few days?

I've moved the finger well away now so hopefully he'll start to pick up again. The finger was my first ever coral so I'll be gutted if it dies.

Thanks

Just quick update on the finger coral, it almost looked dead yesterday so I thought I'd try my hand at fragging in a hope that the frag would survive. I've come home today and found both thriving :). Panic over

Back
Top Bottom