Crustation on my rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DoIt4Fun

Aquarium Advice Regular
I went out and bought 2 power heads to put water movement on my live rock and after I set it up about 5 min later something came out of it and I have no clue what it is please help

Attachments

• image-403061185.jpg
    image-403061185.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 299
  • image-967845468.jpg
    image-967845468.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 249
  • image-528456990.jpg
    image-528456990.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 229
  • image-441881552.jpg
    image-441881552.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 264
That's not it either it's not attached to the rock it runs around the outside of it

Look up bristle worm.. Looks fatter than mine but otherwise the same color, just a filter feeder if so.

My fish guy told me what it was but I forgot the name it's a type of shrimp that could eat my fish soooo I need to get it out lol if someone knows the name post it

I say adult bristle worm from pic. They look like pink centipedes. Not a benefit to a tank from what I've learned. I've never seen a shrimp like that before...

common bristle worms are always a benefit to a tank. That looks like a eunicid worm to me.
Fig4_worm_hr.jpg

Its a mantis shrimp.... Are they good or bad fro my tank???

Haha well don't know much about them except their claw/pincer things. Heard they can break glass, also saw a video of a mantis shrimp fighting an eel and in the end the mantis shrimp was chasing the eel away!

I'm going to do a mantis tank here soon. I have a tank ready to go. Just havent found what I want to put in it yet. The mantis's are pretty much full predators, so they will eat most any creature their size in a reef tank, crabs, clams, fish, shrimp ect. Also many cant take full reef lighting. But they are inteligent creatures and some seem to have a lot of personality.

if its a mantis shrimp, be careful, also nicknamed thumb splitters. they can crack glass and will eat ur fish and inverts. also coral. mantis shrimp need an acrylic tank and LR. thats about it. very cool if its a peacock mantis, beautiful colors and fun to watch, alot of personality. they r notorious for being hitchhikers.

Back
Top Bottom