GBTA? Or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Excellent! don't be surprised if he gets a little upset for a bit because of the sudden change in lighting, eventually he will be much happier!

was a little pissy yesterday even stung me when i was moving some corals outta his way but much better today and hasnt moved.

i'm not sure it's true that BTAs are unhappy when they aren't sporting bubbles. i've had them and they showed bubbles at random times, without any changes in parameters and/or lighting.
can anyone find any data on this?

Saltwater Aquarium Invertebrates for Marine Reef Aquariums: Bulb Anemone

However, most typically remain compact in size when kept under bright lighting. If the lighting is insufficient, the Bulb Anemone will expand its body to make the most of the available light. It should be kept with a Clownfish for best care. At times, the tentacles of the Bulb Anemone may appear stringy; this may be due to insufficient light or the need for food.

thats what I was going off of :p

i'm not sure it's true that BTAs are unhappy when they aren't sporting bubbles. i've had them and they showed bubbles at random times, without any changes in parameters and/or lighting.
can anyone find any data on this?

I have had the same experience. My RBTA was bubbled up like crazy and then slowly extended it's tentacles and eventually went back to the bubble look. My RBTA was kept under over 900watts of light. Dual 250w MHs and a combination of T5HO and VHO.

just an update on mine hes stayed in the same spot since I put him in the tank and hes been getting more colour with the t5 fixtures and I notice hes even had my clowns giving him a look or 2.

Back
Top Bottom