GBTA? Or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Magma

Aquarium Advice Freak
Someone selling this as a GBTA but from looking at pictures of bubble tips it doesnt look like it to me but then again I dont know for sure can someone tell me what they think?

Attachments

• DSCF0328 (5).jpg
    DSCF0328 (5).jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 66
Good water, anemones need lots of light...MH or T-5. Don't over feed once a week is fine and just a small amount. How old is your tank. anemones don't like new tanks.

not for my tank yet its going into a co-workers tank for a few months so my tank can settle.

Don't FEED. It needs lot of light, but probably now needs to be acclimated to higher light levels.
Feeding can make it worse as it takes a lot of energy for an anemone to digest particles of food. The occasional bits it gets when it's healthy help balance its nutrition, but it really needs good quality water and lots of light.

Those are some of the reasons I preach leaving these creatures in the wild where they live so long we don't know their lifespan.

got him into the tank and he now looks like this.

Attachments

• IMG00015-20101121-1602.jpg
    IMG00015-20101121-1602.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 78
hes under a 96W 10,000k Power Compact and a 96W Actinic blue Power Compact, which is miles above the tank lighting he was stored in when I got him.

the tank he came from had only 1 t5 bulb and it was one of those cheaper "grow everything" bulbs (you know the ones in the pet stores mostly for fw tank) and so yah I dont want to shock him to death by giving him actually light right away.

Im just about finished getting my LED hood built for this tank so end of the week he will be under LEDS

opportunity opened up today and i got a 4 bulb HOT5 setup for a very low price and now the tank has HOT5 bulbs on it, the colours pop something crazy compared to the compacts so this BTA has even better now. Now i can use the LEDS on the 75gal as i wanted to

hes colouring up and looking better every day i noticed when i feed the clowns today he snatched up some food and ate it.

look stringy? no that means they are unhappy they should look like the tips of the arms have small bubbles on the ends.

96w of PC will keep it "ok" though higher light from MH or T5 would be better. BTAs tend to deal better with lower light than other types of nems.

96w of PC will keep it "ok" though higher light from MH or T5 would be better. BTAs tend to deal better with lower light than other types of nems.

yup but i got a killer deal on HOT5s so now hes under 4 39W HOT5 bulbs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom