good,bad,neutral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

metree7

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What is this, and is it good or bad? If good, what and how should I feed it? And if bad, how do I get rid of it?

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 74
aptasia. bad due to the fact that they multiply like crazy and take over the tank. i've read they sting your corals too. their are multiple ways to kill it. some say bioling water in a syringe, some say a vinegar injection. i use kalkwasser mixed into a thick paste. i draw it up in a syringe without the steel tip and squirt a glob on the creature.

I've used lemon juice on my brothers tank and it killed them all...had to get it right into them though or they'd come back in a few days...the last one i got took about 5 tries cause he was in such a tricky spot! finally got the bugger though:D

also when killing them, i would turn off any current to the tank and let the juice sit on them for about 10 or 15 mins

I tried the kalk, because I had it. It didn't work for me. So I used aiptasia X and it got it in one shot.

Thank you all for your responses,
I looks like I have several options. I would imagine, that if I cant get rid of it through those means, that I could just take the rock out of the tank for a while. He is on such a small peice of rock, that I dont mind tossing it out.

You wouldn't need to toss the rock. Take it out of the tank and let it soak in FW for a week or so. That will take care of the Aiptasia and anything else on the rock.

Back
Top Bottom