HELP!!!! Can anyone ID this fish PLEASE!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

strongking

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393328319.418013.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393328407.612365.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393328508.355497.jpg

Help me guys. Can anybody ID this fish? I posted 3 best photo I got.

Thanks....

Thanks sir jrcordero. We'll i will try to search wrasse now I got lead.

is that not an Oscellate damsel (Pomacentrus vaiuli)? Looks a bit pointy-nosed in one pic, but don't know any wrasse with a single eyespot on the dorsal like that. I thought damsel when I first looked at the pics.

Thanks pip Walter. I'm going check it on web. I'm problem is I want to know what kind of fish really is, she aggressive on my blue/green chromis.

But the rest of the fish community she not. Only on the chromis.

Definitely a damsel of some type (there are over 300) based on body and behavior. I haven't seen any with that exact coloration but my bet is some Oscellate variant.

The long nose in one pic is just distortion through the glass at the angle the pic was taken.

Pip Walters is probably correct (Pomacentrus vaiuli), but I can't see the top of the head to see whether it has a median stripe or not. If there is a stripe right down the midline of the head, it's a juvenile P. bankanensis. (This stripe is lacking in P. vaiuli.) There seems to be a bit of distortion in some of the photos, presumably because they were taken at an angle to avoid flash reflection.

Tony

Back
Top Bottom