Ich or not????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suthernsalt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got a new Lyretail Anthias - Pseudanthias squamipinnis for christmas. And I noticed tonight in certain lights that he has clear bubbles on him. Not many, just around his head down to his side fins. Could this be ich or just air bubbles? I don't want to take any chances but I don't want to freak if it is nothing. I have a huge dog face puffer, yellow tang, huge blue regal 4yrs old, lunar wrasse, Lion fish and this new guy. But I was wanting to look at pictures of saltwater ich, I have seen fresh water, I could see it instantly looking at my fish. SO that is why i'm questioning myself. I hate to put the fish into stress for no reason and cause an outbreak of ich in my tank. But I don't want to wait and cause everyone to die neither. Sometimes the puffer gets these air bubbles on him when my water starts to get low. I have several bubbles floating in the water so I'm hoping bubbles is all it is.

Water is good amon. 0, nitrite 0, Ph 8.2, nitrates 20, (but my nitrates stay around 20, because of such big fish and their waste)100gal 2- emp. 400 bio wheels, protein skimmer and 2 power heads. And about 20lbs of live rock. Just recently started adding rock to this tank.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Happy new year!!!

:D

Since he is already in there, I would just closely monitor them over the next few days/weeks as it may not be ich. Look for fish scratching or dots showing up on the other fish. Let us know if it gets worse... :roll:

Back
Top Bottom