ID please, no idea what these are

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katweet

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just put in my gorgeous new rock. This lil dude started exploring almost as soon as the rock was in the tank. Thought he might be a nudibranch before his spines came out. Cucumber?

zbshymB.jpg

Terrible photo, apologies. I'm talking about the golden tentacled thing here.

wtvYWTV.jpg

I thought some of my hair had gotten into the tank at first. What is this?

NzcxvoR

I have no idea what this could be. The body is a bit hard. Its got a thin opening in the middle with smallish hairs

aYSWRKq.jpg

Also, will the cloudiness go away? Im new to the hobby. Will it kill all my new inverts of my flow is turned off so the sand can settle? I cant aquascape very effectively if i cant see. When the sand settles, will bacteria hold it down like some people say or do I need to siphon out the dust before i do my final scape?

Did you cycle? Also don't turn the pump off, the sand should settle naturally.

As for that thing, looks like a cucumber.

The rock is pre-cycled (by Live Rock and Reef) but the tank is newly set-up with no other life so die-off wont be a problem.

Some patience will do. Biofilm will develop on it like you have been told and way it down. That being said, after you may also use a polishing pad. But I don't think you want to unless you give it a good amount of time to settle.

The golden tentacled thing is an aptasia anemone. You could use a simple HOB filter or canister to remove the floating dust.

Back
Top Bottom